Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Zooming In On Sunflowers

 Oh, yes, don't underestimate those sunflowers.








As I stroll down that old Memory Lane, I recall stirring phrases from the past, like: "Death to the fascist insect that preys on the life of the people!" That one was associated with the Symbionese Liberation Army, and I have no idea who came up with that, the name of that weird group or that catch phrase or whatever it was. Symbionese?? And I think their symbol was a seven-headed cobra?? What did that mean? It all had a certain frisson, but it was also very strange. Did Abby Hoffman commit suicide or was it a simple drug overdose? If suicide he might have had a vision of the future-- THIS future. That would be enough to drive an idealist of those times over the brink, for sure. Fortunately, I was never an idealist.

No comments:

Post a Comment