Saturday, May 26, 2018

Back To Lubbock

Amazingly, we've had some rain. Some large hail as well but in my neck of the woods it was not big enough to damage the roof or destroy the gardens. In other parts of town, quite severe hail, like tennis ball size. I was sweating it out. After the rain the playa lakes have got more water in them. I set out to get new views of one I photographed when it was very low.




This playa lake is in an area with truck stops and related service centers. 
Nice to see it with more water in it.


It gets some of its water from a large storm drain. The rest is just run-off from streets.
I re-examined some streets I've explored in the past, with my wife, to see if there were any changes. For this part of the journey I used the NIKON.




Yes, there were a few changes. I was also able to see some new things because I picked a time when traffic was very light.




Without a telephoto I could not have gotten these shots.




More next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment