Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Finishing New Braunfels 2018

I plan to have another photo series from New Braunfels later in the year. But this one is done. I also have pics from my cousin-- the house that collapsed is being salvaged, or at least someone is trying to salvage it. 




There are lots of Civil War vets in this cemetery.


 Ronnie Imhoff! I went to school with him! We started off in the first grade together and went all through high school. Sobering.

So many Kronkoskys!




Images like these speak for themselves. There is nothing morbid about this. This is reality. 

 The Jacob Lindheimer grave illustrates nicely the intellectual caliber of the people who settled New Braunfels. Let's face it-- a lot of the people who came to this country from Europe were crazies. Fanatics. But not THESE people. 




 The next time I visit New Braunfels I hope to be less depressed. I missed my wife very much on this trip.
And here is the famous "Meatloaf Grave". She made the best meatloaf. What a way to be remembered! Obviously, her meatloaf was to die for.

And now, some views of the house that collapsed! It has been hoisted up, and is being prepped for a new foundation. The smashed car has been removed. But I'd question the soundness of the house. Everything must have been shaken loose. I know the chimney was shattered. Everything must have been shocked when it fell over. Surely it needs a new roof at the very least. Will it ever be square again? Can it ever again have any right angles where floors meet walls and walls meet ceilings?? Thanks to my cousin for these pics!


I would not have believed it possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment