Tuesday, April 3, 2018

New Abstractions, My Wife's Camera From 2014

I whipped out the abstractions in the garage, and it was too easy.




Surely, using a digital camera to create the final product trivializes the product. For one thing, it becomes infinitely reproducible. You can also use a macro lens and zoom in on subareas to create "new work". That breaks all the rules. Then again, the traditional rules of traditional art might be stupid.




The thing above is just a gouge in the sheet rock that lines the garage. It is a kind of "found object". Below, more of those found objects:


Lets move on to photos I took in 2014 with my wife's camera, that I bought for her on eBay, that were never posted here. I just found these. She was with me, of course, and she took two of these photos. I'll point out the ones she took, when we get to that point.





We visited a playa lake near Ave U. This must have been in the Fall. Judging by all the migratory birds.


For a few years in the 1970's I lived in this place when it was an apartment! It was like a small house ahead of its time. It did not look so bad then. I described it to my wife, sketching the floor plan, and we day dreamed of ways it could have been made more livable and space efficient. She was fascinated by small houses. Amazingly, we examined small houses in Spur that were tinier than this! Insane! 

I will continue with pics from my wife's camera next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment