Sunday, January 21, 2018

From Floydada To Petersbug-- The Scenic Route

We took these pics and made this little drive in late September of last year. When we got to Petersburg we entered the tiny town via the "back door" so to speak, so we found new things to photograph. I guess I am feeling better. Not so depressed. My life still has an aura of unreality to it. I try to take each day as it comes, appreciating anything that feels good or holds my interest. Good memories are nice. Mostly still pretty empty though. There is a definite sense of having no purpose. I hope that will be replaced eventually by a sense of direction. It would be nice to have a reason to live again, apart from taking care of an aged cat.




Renaming files resulted in a loss of order-- this was actually in Petersburg.


 Now at last on the road between Floydada and Petersburg. This roadside marker marks the location of the vanished community of Estacado.





We encountered various ruins.








And then we were in Petersburg, which was not much of an improvement. I will continue this next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment