Sunday, December 17, 2017

The Petersburg Festival

Yes, in the tiny town of Petersburg, not so very far from Lubbock, they put on an annual festival. My wife and I went there, primarily to look at the various cars that are always on display after the parade. We never went to the parade when these festivals took place. We always arrived later, but just in time to see the cars. I took lots of photos, as usual.




These are the parts of Petersburg you see as you approach the Festival area.





It's kind of a big deal for this town. Some fun and some tourist money, I guess. They had a BBQ cook off, and we sampled some of the food. Kind of poorly organized, I thought. You had to buy tickets and the location was not obvious. The format was not obvious. Locals forget that not everyone is a local. If you've driven in from out of town you do not necessarily know where to go or what to do. 





At least the cars were easy to find.





Cool cars!





I will have more of these next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment