Friday, January 30, 2015

More Petersburg And Some Info About Suddenlink Cable Internet In Lubbock

I've been exchanging emails with a Suddenlink rep about the quality of my service. I was asked to do a speed test so I went to an AT&T site where I could check connection speeds. I am getting 3.22 Mbps download and 0.56 Mbps for upload. I note that recently the FCC upgraded the minimum standards for "broadband", and the minimum speed standard is way above what I've got from Suddenlink cable. They dare not call it "broadband", because it is NOT. I'm not so sure it even qualifies as "high speed". At any rate, we are trying to work it out.




It is generally well known that internet service in the USA lags the rest of the world. That probably has a lot to do with lax regulation of greedy telcoms.








We are approaching the end of Petersburg. I've already got pics taken in Ralls and Lorenzo. We had a nice experience in Lorenzo and I'll tell you about that when I get around to posting those pics.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment