Monday, July 8, 2024

Cool With Rain

 That norther came in late last afternoon and started dropping temperatures right away, and along with it came thunderstorms and needed rain. No hail though, and that was good too. Very soggy outside this morning and quite cool for the season, which feels good. This is really super, a super way to edge past the holiday and into July. We had an amazingly intense red sky just after sunrise, so I recall the old saying: red sky in the morning, sailors take warning. Last evening I stationed myself in the garage/workshop, my trusty old car on one side and a wall full of mementos and tools on the other, sipping Chardonnay and reclining with my feet up, enjoying cool breezes and relishing the sight of rain falling on the lawn, rain water running down the gutters and into the lake at the end of the block. So fine! It made me happy! Sunday was not such a bad day!









No comments:

Post a Comment