Saturday, April 27, 2024

Sometimes I Wonder

 And sometimes I wander... Has Lubbock changed over the years? It's bigger. The traffic is worse, the cost of living is not so low as it used to be, housing prices have gone way up, thanks to a rapacious county tax office. If you've got a drop of blood they'll squeeze it out of you. I think, twenty years ago, this was a much better place to live than it is today. It can only get worse, in my view. But here I am and here I'll stay, and I hope developers stay away from my part of town. I like vacant land. I don't like to see residential areas spreading like cancer. I'm NOT an optimist. At 75 I still struggle to maintain my body, such as it is. 235 lb deadlift yesterday, far from the 300 I could do 8 or so years ago. And I have a lot of trouble with the shoulder press. I've managed to damage my shoulders over the years. Rotator cuff problems, impingements, and so on. Work, work, work, and this shoddy piece of protoplasmic garbage just wants to die. I'll make it die screaming: " Please! Not ANOTHER rep!! I can't take it anymore!" 







I seem to be at war with the PU, that damned "physical universe", and my body is part of that rat trap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment