Sunday, April 28, 2024

Decidedly Cool Mornings

 Brisk? Bracing? Pleasantly chilly? And warm but not hot days. I wish the entire summer could be like this. In other areas I must learn to relax and be realistic. I complain about a lot of things but in reality I am in a rather good place, all things considered. Very fortunate in fact. It's absolutely unnecessary in ordinary daily life to be a power lifter and probably unrealistic at my age. I tell myself that from time to time but then I push the limits again. Realistic goals have always been elusive. But if that sort of thing is my only problem...







This summer my jungle is under control, and a lot of it is dominated by Milo. A grain sorghum. Long ago I used a seed mix containing that stuff, and it seems to have spread. I like it. Birds eat the seeds, it grows tall and I can cut paths through it. I like to see it waving in the wind. And it suppresses other unwanted growth. But I have a space reserved for sunflowers and they are dominating much of my space, along with Goosefoot and other things herbal in nature. Birds eat the sunflower seeds, I eat the petals of the sunflowers, and the leaves of the Goosefoot, and small amounts of the herbal plants-- too much and it's toxic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment