Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Got A Lot Done

 I did a lot more yesterday than I thought I'd have time for, but everything fell into place. That felt really good. Things are shaping up around here. Now I need to decide whether to plant something, and if so, what. Like, drought resistant and tough enough to survive extreme heat and cold. And hot, dry, winds up to 30 mph sustained and gusts much higher than that. The sunflowers and goosefoot are coming up on their own. For all practical purposes, those are perennials. But I'd like something different, too. Maybe Lantana. Maybe dwarf Magnolia. Plenty of time to decide. I have a tree coming up in a rather awkward spot, too near a fence, but I'll let it grow for a few years before I cut it down and perhaps use the wood. If it wasn't so close to that fence I'd let it grow. 







It'll be a little too cool to be comfortable outdoors, but for only a few days. Maybe rain. We sure do need that rain! I've got the irrigation system working again, but rain is best. My late wife and her first husband put in that system, having learned how to do such things when they owned a golf course. It's nice to have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment