Friday, December 23, 2022

So Far So Good

 Really bad yesterday with terrible wind chills but dry and sunny all day. Not as cold this morning as last morning but still unpleasant, and it is cloudy. But the wind is way down and it might reach 20 today. When it finally thaws Saturday I'll have to check the outdoor faucets. They were well insulated but when it gets this cold and stays so cold for so long, who knows? And I fully expect to go through all of this again this season-- yet another unprecedented blast of bitter cold and once again the talk will be of a "generational storm", a "once-in-a-hundred-years" winter storm. Earth's climate is out of balance, the weather machine has been perturbed by fossil fuel burning, and there will be increasingly wild excursions from equilibrium. Expect chaos. That's really bad for me because I like order and predictability. ORDNUNG! Alas, so many things are beyond my control. If only.










I remind myself that I am not the only victim. We are ALL victims. Every living thing is a victim. 


No comments:

Post a Comment