Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Over 100 F Today

And the rain chances are nil. I see a lot of dead lawns around town. Several nearby cotton fields have not been planted and are full of weeds. It's even getting hard to grow cotton around here. Just a preview of climate catastrophe to come, and human over-use of fossil fuels is the reason. Many climate scientists agree-- it's too late to prevent the worst case, and the changes are taking place faster than predicted. The greenhouse effect is very real, plus, human activity on the current scale generates enormous amounts of waste heat, and that waste heat is being trapped in the atmosphere rather than being radiated away, as it was prior to the industrial revolution. At any rate, people my age won't have to live in the next generation's hell hole.  And I don't feel very guilty because my carbon impact has been minimal in terms of energy use over my life span, and I chose not to breed. Excellent decision, that. 











We might get some local relief after a few more uncomfortably hot days.

No comments:

Post a Comment