Saturday, May 29, 2021

Still New Braunfels

 Rainy in New Braunfels, but now rainy in Lubbock as well. Great weather. It never rains enough around here. When it rains a lot Lubbock almost looks halfway decent. And the rain keeps the dust down. My sinuses are not tormenting me since we've had this rainy spell. 







I found this fascinating piece of railroad maintenance equipment. I didn't do much driving in New Braunfels because of tourist traffic. I am so happy that Lubbock is not a tourist town. Traffic in Lubbock is never very bad, but I time my errands to avoid certain times of day to reduce my traffic experience even more. Never, ever, do I use the Loop. Some people seem to want to get places as rapidly as possible, and maybe they don't have much free time. ALL of my time is free, and there is NEVER any reason for me to be in a hurry. Ahhhhh! I could probably do all sorts of traveling, but-- I HATE travel. I don't need or want novelty in any form. New sights? New experiences? New "horizons"? No thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment