Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Last Of Lubbock For A While

 After this we'll be in New Braunfels. There are some good things about Lubbock. For instance, it isn't a tourist trap or vacation destination. There aren't many attractions. It's flat and the streets are laid out in an orderly fashion. Traffic is reasonable. Buddy Holly was born here, and lived here. He's buried here. As far as I'm concerned, Buddy Holly and his classmates are the only reason for Lubbock to have ever existed. Buddy Holly and his Lubbock High School classmates (LHS Class of '55) are the only people Lubbock has any reason to be proud of. The rest, like Preston Smith and some scumbag preacher who's name escapes me, can be forgotten. LHS Class of '55 forever. The rest don't count. So there.









It follows from what I said above, that I don't count either. I'm OK with that. To be a non-entity is not at all a bad thing. I rather like it. It's the next best thing to non-existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment