Thursday, April 22, 2021

More Old House

 I've seen what this place was like years ago, before it got so run down. Looked like a great place to live in those days. That was like, back in the late seventies? It had to be at least forty years ago. Unbelievable. How did I get to be so old? 







The house has deteriorated, and so have I. We are all speeding away from a low entropy boundary. That's one way to think of it. I wonder whether it would make sense to speak of a high entropy boundary, a very specific microstate, in the "future". You could place that "future" whenever you want. Like tomorrow, it never comes, but it places a constraint on the present and past. That sounds counter-intuitive but there is nothing in physics that is incompatible with such a constraint. At any rate, I got old. Just like this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment