Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Buddy Holly Hall-- Under Construction

Sunday morning in Lubbock was windy and dusty and bleak. But I took some photos of Buddy Holly Hall, a performing arts center, under construction and nearing completion. First time I've taken a close look. I used a lot of telephoto. Couldn't get close due to fencing.


 Peculiar structure above. I had no idea what that would be until I saw the artist's or architect's rendering.

This structure is very close to the Civic Center and main library downtown, and not far from the Marsha Sharp Freeway. 




It seems that this will form part of a tower supporting a kind of light sculpture, which ought to be an interesting addition to the skyline, and visible for many miles!
 Close to Lubbock Symphony headquarters.
More on this next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment