Sunday, August 27, 2017

San Antonio, San Marcos, Seguin-- TEXAS!

Yes, something new and different here for quite a long series of updates. I took many photos, and many of these photos will be on-the-road type photos. I snapped pics while someone else handled the driving. In this series you will see me attempting "nature" photos and "scenic" photos. I do not ordinarily do that. But I was using my best camera with a very versatile new lens, and it was my intention to give it a good workout. The first photos in this series document what we encountered driving from New Braunfels to San Antonio.




Heavy Traffic!



It has been many years since the last time I traveled this way.


I did all the on-the-road pictures sitting in the back seat! It was very relaxing. I don't like to drive in conditions like these. I would have been very unhappy.



A lot of these photos were taken at maximum zoom, and most had to be cropped. I used a NIKON D200 for all of this, every photo I took on this trip was taken with that camera, and the one lens.

As usual, everything has been re-sized downward so that uploads will not take too long. A lot of resolution and detail is lost, but it must be done. Of course, all of my thousands of original pics are stored on external drives, well archived. These archive drives are not connected to my computer, as a rule. And I never have an external drive connected while my computer is connected to any modem.


We are going to end up on the Austin Highway...


... eventually. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment