Thursday, May 21, 2015

An Eyesore In Central Lubbock

On the other hand, even though it is sort of an eyesore in this neighborhood, I like stuff like this and it is actually in better shape than some of the houses! You can see this on Avenue L. It used to be storage for "Rainbo Bread", and then LISD used it, and now it just seems to be abandoned. While I was photographing it, with my wife safely in my car and ready to flee if necessary, a woman in the neighborhood shouted at me and told me she was going to call the police! "I'm going to call the police," she said. Why, I wondered. At any rate, I got my pics.






For all I know, there really is a law against photographing things like this!

2 comments:

  1. It's funny, I have always loved the nostalgia of that building with the Rainbo bread logo painted on it and the history of military surplus buildings in rural America.

    The harder part of that neighborhood for me is the amount of rental property (to the east) in terrible disrepair, where people live in near third-world poverty.

    Keep shooting the photos and shedding light on our too often dark places.

    And grouchy neighbors are a constant in our society. Don't let them grind you down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I've got some pics of that property you mention-- a small "complex" near the RAINBO location was boarded up and I'll have a few pics of that in my next upload.

    ReplyDelete