Monday, April 14, 2014

Lubbock's Avenue G, Near Broadway

It was very warm yesterday. After church, my wife and I made a little excursion to an area downtown where I had wanted to take photos earlier, but I didn't then have a camera with me. This time I took my nice digital camera but the darn batteries were dead. Fortunately, I had my cellphone. So at some time in the future we will return and I will take better photos. In the interim, these can be considered "studies". There's a lot to photograph! This will take up several installments.














From yesterday's heat, we have shifted to clouds and wind and cold. Tonight I will have to protect plants from freezing. It is always like this here; weeks of increasing warmth in early Spring, everything at last turning green, and then a late freeze to kill it all off again. Winter gives us one, final, slap in the face. But it might not be a hard freeze, so the setback should not be severe. Most of what my wife and I planted can be protected, and should survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment