Friday, April 11, 2014

I-27 Again

I emphasize that you see what the camera saw. No enhancements. If it looks drab, dull, bleak, that's because the scenes were just like that. 

 Approaching Municipal Drive...


 Pump Station Four, a place I remember well, is visible in the left side of this pic.

 Not a lot of traffic.


 The highway department did what it could to make this stretch of road attractive.


 But you can only do so much.




 This motel has been around for many years.


 It could use a bit of work.


 Lubbock International Airport (what a joke) is coming up! But we do have the meanest airport security around. Everybody I know who travels by air hates this airport because of the shabby way they are treated. I avoid air travel like the plague. I just won't do it. In the wake of the various security measures after 9-11, a crappy and dehumanizing experience just got worse. Tell you what, I'd rather be FREE than SAFE. Stuff THAT sentiment up your hole, John Cornyn! Unfortunately, most modern Americans are clueless wimps.

No comments:

Post a Comment