Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Fire!

 One of the fires burning about 100 miles north of us has consumed 300,000 acres so far, and is not contained to any degree. Many evacuations. That's grassland. And we have a smoke plume from that fire overhead, since the winds have shifted due to the front. This is not extreme cold and tomorrow morning a few wintery showers are possible, maybe a rain snow mix but no accumulations likely. We could use a little precip. And after that it warms rapidly again. Good riddance to February, although it wasn't all that bad around here. 







But you know, human beings are vastly more destructive than any wildfire you are likely to see. Humanity is more like a killer asteroid, a mass extinction agent. I suppose I've done my part, although I've tried to make my contribution to the general destruction as modest as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment