Thursday, May 9, 2019

New Braunfels Easter Aftermath

Yes, it was just after Easter when I visited, and in a Baptist Church parking lot I found some Easter aftermath.




Shattered confetti eggs, shattered dreams.



I could not resist photographing this debris. Easter 2019.
And so, on to more wonderful old houses.




Lots of history in New Braunfels. They care about history there, unlike Lubbock.
 Now, below, is a report on the House That Collapsed. It has been raised onto concrete pillars.

 But you have to wonder what happened to the rest of the structure when the old foundation collapsed, and the house smashed to the ground. Surely this wood frame structure took an incredible beating.

And I noticed that some of the new support structures are already starting to lean over. As I've noted before, in New Braunfels you have nothing to build on but mush.




 Work on this house seemed to have halted. Maybe they gave up.
Now this one is in much better shape. Next time we will explore an incredible  collection of junk, best I've ever seen anywhere. You will be amazed. I tried to do it justice. I could have taken twice as many pics but I had to stop somewhere. I really only scratched the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment