Sunday, October 8, 2017

San Marcos, And More From The Nature

More stabs at photographing nature, yes.




The price you pay for all this lush vegetation is a hot and humid environment, in which you sweat and sweat and never stop feeling sticky.




I had lots of fun with the zoom lens.




This really is a very pretty area!




Lubbock is not like this.




It took me a long time to get used to life in a flat, featureless, semi-desert-- a place of climate extremes.




I kind of like the high plains now. I appreciate the low humidity. The extreme climate is interesting.




It is tolerable to visit areas like this, but I could never be comfortable living in this part of Texas.
So hot! So humid! No winter to speak of! Very limited horizons! One feels confined.






And there is the end of nature! Next, we travel to a Commemorative Air Force exhibit of vintage aircraft. Still in San Marcos.

No comments:

Post a Comment