Tuesday, May 9, 2017

A New Lens For An Old Camera

To be specific, I got, from eBay, for a little over $100, including shipping costs, a Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens. I got it to use on a Nikon D200. I thought I would post some sample pics. They have been cropped. I used a tripod on none of these shots. I think this lens will be a good one for all purpose work. 




The moon! No tripod! Full zoom. I could not hold the camera very steady but the auto image stabilization helped a lot.




Full zoom and cropped a lot. I post all these pics full size, after the cropping operations.






I like this lens. Light, compact, pretty sharp images. The seller said it was "pristine" and never used. It came with a sun shield, and all lens caps-- very clean.




These pics are details of TV broadcast towers several miles away, visible from our backyard. I have not been able to see these features with binoculars or a telescope! So, now, whenever I use the Nikon, I will be using this new lens.


No comments:

Post a Comment