Sunday, March 5, 2017

More Of New Braunfels

I have not done this lately, since I wanted to attend to the photos and not rant so much. Not that I'm not still disgusted. But I can do more in other forums, in other places. So here we have more New Braunfels. 




I tell you what, we just returned from another trip to Spur, and that tiny town has more of interest for a photographer than New Braunfels. Little towns on the South Plains are a treasure trove of images, and, by comparison, a town like New Braunfels is merely trite. Any place infested by tourists, like New Braunfels, has little to offer a true renegade like me. But we will finish this New Braunfels series and then return to the good stuff.




Tame. So tame.




You can't find much in New Braunfels that does not have TOURIST TRAP written all over it.




The famed water parks turn my stomach. I loathe "tubers". I detest the glitz. 




In case I haven't said it before, the climate sucks. I don't want to live in a sauna. I don't hanker growing mold. I am not fond of mildew and wood rot and rampant fungoid growth. And don't talk to me about tourists or tourism. I hate them both.




Spare me from the clownish Germanism. It's grotesque. Take your sausages and stick them where the sun don't shine. There. Nuff Sed! Quant suff! On the other hand, beer is OK! No problem with all the beer!

I am through with New Braunfels.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment