Saturday, January 30, 2016

TRYING to finish this photo series!

Once that's done, I can start a new one! There's always more stuff to photograph!

 Several months ago I described what seemed to be a high-security installation with a black tower, or water tank, for fire suppression. They were obviously concerned about security, due to the lighting system, cameras, razor wire. Every time we've driven by we've failed to find a name. But not this time. And the gates were open, which allowed a view inside via telephoto. Frankly, the place seemed deserted. At any rate, it is a "Compress". Now we know. And now that YOU know where it is and what it is, feel free to check it out. Don't trespass, though, and be nice. I think people should take an interest in local industries. I think a "Compress" usually has something to do with cotton, and there's nothing sinister about cotton.






 We found an old Buick!
It looks like a good candidate for restoration. I hope that's the intention.



 There was a great old tree house, too.





Well, that's enough for today! I'll try to finish this photo series soon! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment