Saturday, July 13, 2013

More Lubbock Views and Vistas!

I did not take any pics July 4th, but back in 1998 or 1999 I was at Fourth on Broadway and I took lots of pics then. I will share one of those pics, since nothing changes very much:
But note that it was raining! VERY unusual!

The weekend my wife and I drove around downtown, we paused at the old Kress building. Right across the street was the old JC Penny building!
And then we circled around and found a rather odd building, abandoned of course, like most of the buildings in downtown Lubbock. I took a bunch of photos there. This particular ruin had a gargoyle!
It looks to me to be emblematic of the sort of spirit that would preside and reign over this hot, dry, windy, dusty, insular, otherworldly, burg. Here is another view:
Welcome to Lubbock, and abandon hope! Heh. Heh. There were cryptic signs as well:
Did we stumble upon the hidden heart of this morbidly self-righteous city? If so, that heart is in need of repair...


 What's that pot for?

To be continued...


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment